Bendigo Aerial COVID-19 Response and Authorisations
We have been closely monitoring the changes with COVID-19 as well as following state, federal and industry recommendations and guidelines. While this is a changing environment we will endeavour to update with current relevant information related to our operations.
Bendigo Aerial provides the following aerial services: Aerial photography, Aerial Video, Mapping, Survey, Inspection works, Construction progress, Emergency services, video production and editing. We are employed by private and government agencies to work as contractors to provide analytical and data capturing services.
Our Response to Social Distancing
- Only one drone operator/pilot per job.
- All social distancing rules apply.
- As per Stage 3 Regulations, we are still permitted to work outside.
- When a spotter is required, the spotter will be further than 10 meters from the pilot.
- Observers and third party personnel must be further than 15 meters as per CASA regulations.
- Drone pilots must wear blue safety vests and carry aviation radios at all times.
- Scan drone pilot's ID card with a phone to validate the identity, company details and authorisations.
- All pilots trained and hold a valid certificate in COVID-19 handling and infection control.
- Engagement with Law Enforcement: Work must be pre-approved by Chief Remote Pilot and officers must provide identification for CASA and Australian Air Services reporting.
- When the drone is flown over a hazardous area or location of containment, the drone and equipment must be sanitised as per normal operating procedures.
See LIVE Updates and News from Bendigo AerialLIVE UPDATES
Operational Update from 6th August 2020
Stage 3 Restrictions Victoria: It’s business as usual for us in Regional Victoria. All current projects are on track – no delays. If you have a specific question about your project, please contact us or log in to your customer portal.
Stage 4 Restrictions Melbourne Only: Depending on you “SECTOR” some services are closed for on-site work. Example: “Professional Photographic Services” – this may include drone photo and video services. We work in multiple sectors, so in some sectors, we may be able to fly example: Electricity, Council, Emergency Services and Telecommunication are permitted. We have contacted each customer with more information and options. If you require further info, please contact us.
Customers Outside of Victoria: Rest of Australia, it’s business as usual. No delays expected from us.
International Customers: It’s business as usual. No delays expected from us.Contact Us
** Advice taken from the following sources: Business.GOV, Fair Trade Australia, Work Cover Australia, CASA, Australian Air Services, ACUO Member Group and Department of Health.
Specialised Commercial UAV/RPA Operators
Find more information about us.